Controller pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 GDPR and pursuant ancillary data protection laws is:
Rue de la Science 14
Telephone: +32 (0)2 609 5319
Processing of personal data by visiting our website
We would like to inform you of how we process your data by visiting our website.
With any request on our website, we automatically gather data and information of the computer system you use during the request.
We process the following data:
- Information about your type of browser, your version of the browser and installed plug-ins
- Information about your operating system
- Date and time of the access
- Previously visited websites
- Websites embedded from your system on our website
- Transferred amount of data
- HTTP response status codes (success / Errors)
The purposes of the processing are the provision of the contents of the website, the functionality of our information technology and the optimization of our website. Hence, we process your data for the purposes of the legitimate interests, our business activity, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The logfiles will be anonymized or erased as early as they are not needed anymore for the purpose described above. Usually, this is the case after seven days latest.
As the processing and storage of this data is necessary for the hosting of the website, this process does not allow the right to object.
We are using on our website so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small files, generated automatically by your browser and are stored on your computer system when visiting our website.
The following data will be stored in the cookies and transferred to us:
- Language settings
- Frequency of visits
- Usage of website Features
The collected data on these websites will be pseudonymized by technical measures. The data will not be stored together with any other personal data about you.
The processed data stored in the cookies is necessary for our legitimate interest (business activity) pursuant Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. To avoid this, you can configure your browser that no cookies are stored on your computer system or that you obtain a note before a cookie is set. In case you completely deactivate cookies, you may not be able to use all features on this website.
Website Analytics by Matomo
On our website, we use the Open-Source-Software-Tool Matomo (previously known as PIWIK) for analyzing user behavior. This software uses a cookie on the computer system of the user (see cookies above). In case you open an individual site on our website, we collect the following data:
- Two bytes of the IP-address of the user’s system
- The demanded website
- The previous website which lead the user to this website (referrer)
- The page impressions starting from this website
- Time spent on Website
- Frequency of visits (of this Website)
The software is solely operating on the servers of our website. The storage of your data only takes place on those servers. The data will not be transferred to a Third Party.
The software only stores two bytes of the IP-address instead of the complete IP-address (for instance: 192.168.xxx.xxx). Hence, it is not possible to associate the reduced IP-address to the computer system used.
This processing of personal data enables us to analyze the user behavior. This analysis allows us to compile information about the use of single features of our website. Therefore, it is possible for us to continuously improve the usability of our website. This purpose is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Cookies of the Matomo-Software are stored on the computer system of the user and transmit to our website. You have the possibility to deactivate or restrict the transfer by changing the setting in your browser. Cookies which were already stored can be erased any time. This may also happen automatically. In case you deactivate the cookies for this website you may not be able to use all features of this website.
The users of our website have the possibility of an opt-out of the processing by Matomo. By enabling this setting in your browser, another cookie is set on your system which signals our system not to store your data. In case a user meanwhile erases the cookie from its own system, the user has to set a new opt-out cookie.
We erase the data as soon as we do no longer need them for our analysis or in case you object the processing of your data.
More information regarding privacy settings of the Matomo Software you can find via the following link: https://matomo.org/docs/privacy/.
Don't see anything above?
Above this text there should be an interface stating either the tracking status as "active" or "inactive". If you have activated Do-Not-Track in your browser, the interface confirms that we are not tracking your activities and respect your Do-Not-Track setting.
Remark: If you are having any adblockers active, you may not see the opt-out interface, as all matomo related content is being blocked already.
We do integrate contents of the network twitter, which is provided by the Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. Twitter was certified under the Privacy-Shield-Agreement and provides therefore a guarantee to comply the European data protection law.
Content from the twitter network can be provided on our website. Also, you can share content of our website on twitter.
We process the data to optimize our offered services and products. The processing of the data is necessary for our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, namely for the performance of our business activity.
You can withdraw the storage of the data by an opt-out: https://twitter.com/personalization.
You have the possibility to contact us by using a form on our website or sending an email. If you do so, we will collect and store the following data that you enter in the form.
This comprises the following data:
- Time of the contact
- Optional additional data, if you decide to provide
In case you send an email and have an interest on a contractual relationship, we process the data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, in other cases pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest: performance of our business activity).
We use this data only for communicating with you and do not transmit this data to third parties.
We will erase this data as soon as it is not necessary anymore for the named purpose. This means in case the conversation by email terminates and we completely handled your demand.
Get the EU Cloud COC
You have the possibility to get the latest version of the EU cloud Code of Conduct on our website. Therefore, we ask you to fill in a form with the following personal data:
- Field of interest
In order to send you the EU Cloud Code of Conduct via email, processing the email-address is a technical necessity. Therefore, the processing is done pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
The email address and any other data and information you provide when sending us the form to get the code is storage, processed and used by us to analyse and evaluate statistically the interest in our project on the market and within the society. This purpose is also our legitimate interest for this processing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Also, we will use the provided data for the purpose of direct marketing. This is done based on our legitimate interest of the performance of our business activity pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit f GDPR.
General Period of Storage
Provided it is not specified above, we store personal data solely as long as it is necessary for the purpose of the processing of the personal data or as long as it is necessary for the adherence of the legal responsibility of storage. With termination of the purpose or legal period the data will be erased.
Rights of the data subject
In case we processed your personal data, you are a data subject pursuant to the GDPR. Hence you have the following Rights:
- Art. 15 GDPR – you have the right of access to the personal data of you we process. Notably you have the right to obtain the purposes of the process, the categories of the personal data concerned, the categories of the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of the process or the right to object, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint , any available information as to the source where the personal data are not collected by us as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and as the case may be meaningful information of its Details.
- Art. 16 GDPR – you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Art. 17 GDPR – you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data in case the process is not necessary exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Art. 18 GDPR – you have the right to obtain restriction of processing of personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested, the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of the personal data as well as we do not longer need the personal data but you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Art. 20 GDPR – you have the right to receive the personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR – you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so we may not continue the processing of your personal data you gave us the consent for in the future.
- Art. 77 GDPR – you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Normally you can lodge the complaint to a supervisory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence or the place of work or the place or place of our Business.
Right to Object
Pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. Furthermore, you have the right to object where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you do have a general right to object which we have to implement without a given particular Situation.
If you would like to withdraw or object, please send an email to email@example.com.