Our first episode brought to the table a vital discussion on the unique potential of Codes of Conduct to tackle third country transfer related issues. Representing K&L Gates, Dr. Thomas Nietsch led us through the webinar and opened the debate giving a solid overview of the legal challenges imposed by Schrems II and the alternative instruments to address the issue.
Building upon the insights provided by Nietsch, Jörn Wittmann, Managing Director of SCOPE Europe, elaborated on the following questions:
- What is the role and added value of Codes of Conduct under the GDPR?
- What is the relation between the EU Cloud CoC and the Third Country Transfer Initiative and how can the latter contribute to the optimization of international data transfers under the GDPR?
Nathaly Rey, Head of EMEA Data Governance, Public Policy & Government Relations, Google Cloud, added some crucial elements to the debate by answering to:
- How did Schrems II impacted the cloud industry?
- What is Google Cloud’s approach to navigate through the post Schrems II landscape?
- How Codes of Conduct can contribute to the from a cloud provider perspective?
If you want to get bright answers to these questions, you’re invited to watch the recording!